Search site

Call

020 7637 1600

Postal Testing

Online Doctor

Telephone Consult

Go Back   sexual health | hiv & std testing forum > Health Related > Sexual Health

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Protected sex with prostitute

Hello there,
First of all i would like to apologise upfront because i know how stupid my situation is.
Secondly i had protected sex with a prostitute, im not sure if she tried to split the condom but all i know is she asked me to put the condom on and then she took it out after we were finished. Obviously i got scared and went and got tested for hep a,b, and c and HOV after about a week and tested negattive! Ok i know this tells nothin so i decided to go and speak to her so she said to me 'why would i wana split the condom? i have children' obviously i would wana believe that but i choose not to. Anyways on the 34th day i got tested for all STDs includin HIV, and the test they do for HIV is 4th generation! (is this test the same as the one you do that is called DUO?) i tested NEGATIVE for all of them.

I'm still worried and to be honest i think i'll end up in mental hopspital because i keep thinkin that i ave the symptoms but i don't, i had sore throat and cold but the people who i live with had that too. I really don't know what to do it's been about 9 weeks now and i'm still thinkin that i have the symptoms:S for some strange reason i always get a doctor friend to check me up for the lymph nodes and he says they are not enlarged but I CAN'T convince myself! The reason is because i keep gettin like a small pain around the areas that have lymph nodes. And lately it started to be on the other side of my elbow and behind me kness!

Can you help me please with some advise i'm losin my brain:| And i'm sorry again!
Regards,
Old 10-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Good Morning

I think you are absolutely fine regarding HIV. You have had a 4th generation HIV 1 and 2 antibody test combined with p24 and this is negative at 34 days.

The risk was definite but minimal. Why on earth would you think that she would split the condom? Aside from that, how on earth would she do that in her vagina?

Stop examining yourself. Your friend the doctor has told you there are no lymph nodes - so there aren't.

You do not have HIV.

You don't mention being tested for chlamydia or gonoorhoea - you should be.

best regards, Sean

Old 10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Thanks Doctor for the reply, i really do appreciate it!
To be honest i think she might of done when she was holdin it!
Oh and i meant that i did have a full STD screen includin all STIs and everythin came back negative a week after the i was tested on the 34th day.

Doctor, what shall i do with my worries? is there any medications that can help?!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Hello again,

There are medications that can help with your concerns but thats straying outside the boundaries of this Forum so I'd suggest you discuss that with a doctor local to you.

best wishes, Sean

Old 10-10-2009, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

Thank you very much doctor i really appreciate it!
One last question to get it over and done!
Do you personally think i should be worried? even though i had negative results!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Good Morning!!!

[QUOTE][I think you are absolutely fine regarding HIV. You have had a 4th generation HIV 1 and 2 antibody test combined with p24 and this is negative at 34 days.

The risk was definite but minimal. Why on earth would you think that she would split the condom? Aside from that, how on earth would she do that in her vagina?

Stop examining yourself. Your friend the doctor has told you there are no lymph nodes - so there aren't.

You do not have HIV.
/QUOTE]

Now go and forget it and do something nice. I'm closing this question - mainly for my sanity!!

best wishes, Sean

Closed Thread

Tags
4th generation , condom , hiv

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: