Search site

Call

020 7637 1600

Postal Testing

Online Doctor

Telephone Consult

Go Back   sexual health | hiv & std testing forum > Health Related > Sexual Health

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Risk of Handjob

Hi Dr, I received a handjob after a body oil massage in the hotel during a business trip. The masseur was fully clothe throughout and I was naked. There was no intercourse nor oral nor kissing nor genital-genital contact. My only fear is I usually have slight abrasion/very small cuts on the left side of my penis (because the skin is thin and have this problem when my pants/boxers are tight) and I did not check/ nor pay attention to the masseur's hands before the handjob. I do not know if she had cuts on her hands/fingers because the room was dim.

I did the following tests:
- Combined Antibody and Antigen test at 21 days - Negative
- HIV DNA PCR test at 23 days - Negative
- Antibody test at 5 weeks - Negative
- Antibody test at 6 weeks - Negative

I seek opinion from 2 docs. Doctor 1 who did the first DNA PCR test said I am fine and should move on as normal life with my family. However, Doctor 2 said to me that it may take RNA up to 28 days to become DNA and advised me for a second DNA PCR test as mine was taken at 23 days. Is there a difference between 23 and 28 days? Will a negative DNA PCR test at 23 days turn positive at 6 weeks? I am really worried. I took this second DNA PCR test at 6 weeks and now worried for my results and recently I feel some itch on my penis.

I did not take PEP but I took a lot of supplements and I came across on ewiki that japanese mushrooms have capability to inhibit virus. Is this true because the content of my supplement has mushrooms as the raw ingredient?

Am I at risk of getting HIV? In what cases is there a risk of getting HIV from receiving Handjobs only?

Please advise honestly. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Hello,
Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our forum.
If you really want my honest opinion; I think you are totally overreacting!
Hnadjobs do not pose any risk of HIV infection at all whatsoever: even if the masseuse had cuts on her hand, even if she had vaginal fluid on them.
Therefore you did not need any tests at all whatosever. All the unnecessary test perfomed have come back negative, as expected. All they have been is a great financial cost as well as a great source of anxiety for you. You are defintiely HIV negative. Do not waste any more time, energy or money in any more tests!!
Best wishes,
Josť

Old 07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Blood Transmission at Handjob

Hi Dr Jose, Thank you for your reply. Any idea why the doc said that 28 Days DNA PCR is conclusive. Is the 23 days DNA PCR test not certain? I am so worried when he said that and now I am worried about this long wait for the second result. Has the itch on my penis and slight pain in my urethra anything to do with HIV? .
Understand your assurance. My only fear is if her hands/fingers happened to have a cut and blood went into the abrasion/small cuts of my penis or the urethra. Does this change your assessment? I am not worried about virgina fluid cos she didn't masturbate herself. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

Default Blood Transmission at Handjob

Hi Drs, appreciate if you can answer my question - Blood Transmission at Handjob so that I have a complete answer. Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default Blood transmission at handjob

Hello,

You asked:-

Quote:
Does this change your assessment?
No - Jose has given a very complete, very honest and very thorough answer and I agree entirely with him.

best wishes, Sean

Closed Thread

Tags
handjob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: