Search site

Call

020 7637 1600

Postal Testing

Online Doctor

Telephone Consult

Go Back   sexual health | hiv & std testing forum > Health Related > Sexual Health

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Default sex in manila

Hi

And great site by the way

I have recently returned from Manila where I had protected penetrative and oral sex with a prostitute.

From what I have read on this forum I think I should be ok but during sex we kissed and am concerned that I may have contacted HIV, Herpes, syphilis or gonorhea through that kiss.

I am scared and am avoiding my wife physically as I am scared of passing anything onto her.

Can you advise please.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Hello there,
Thank you for your comments.
Your encounter was protected; therefore it does not involve any risk of an STI. One cannot really contract an STI through kissing as such. Perhpas only if it was deep throat kissing, there is a risk of possibly contracting Chalmydia or Gonorrhoea. There is also a possibility of herpes if the lady had a cold sore, but that is HSV1 and not considered an STI. No real risk of syphilis. No risk of HIV infection at all whatosever.
There is no need for you to test or to worry unnecessarily. If you had a deep throat kiss, the most I would recommend you having would be a throat swab for Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea. Alternatively you could always take a pre-emptive empirical single dose of azithromycin and cefixime, which would clear these infections in 48 hours in the ulikely case that you had them.
Best wishes,
Jose

Old 01-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Default sex in manila

Thanks very much for the reply.

Where could I arrange to get a dose of azithromycin and cefixime - my GP or GUM clinic?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Administrator

You would have to discuss the whole situation with either your GP or your local GUM Clinic, but beware that they might not be happy to prescribe the medication as a pre-emptive measure without any tests. I would be happy to dispense them, obviously if you could come and see me at our clinic. The dose is as follows: Azithomycin 1g and Cefixime 400mg, both as a single dose.
Best wishes,
Jose

Old 01-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Default Sex in manila

Thanks

I have 1 last thing to ask - honest.

When the woman had left I cleaned the room and after I disposed of the condom down the toilet I checked under my lip before I washed my hands as I thought I had a leasion.

do u think there is any risk of catching a sti from this contac through my mouth
Old 01-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Not at all. Kind regards, Jose

Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Sex in MAnila

Hi

Sorry to reply again but I am starting to panic as I have some dry itchy red marks appeared on the inside of my legs beside where my scrotum is.

Do you think this could be the first sign of herpes? as I have looked on the internet and some sites say that this is the initial sign before the blisters.

How long after contact can I get a test for this as I am panicking that although I used a condom that herpes can still spread with contact skin to skin

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Hi there,
Difficult to give advice without actually seeing and examining you. However I can say that an itchy red patch in the scrotal area sounds to be more likely something like a fungal skin infection or thrush. A genital herpes rash usually causes initially tingling, followed by pain and soreness. It has a typical blistery appearance.
What you should do is to go and seek medical advice. A doctor needs to have a look at it and give you the appropriate treatment. If in doubt, you can always have a PCR swab to diagnose herpes.
Best wishes,
Jose

Tags
chlamydia , gonorrhoea , herpes , kissing , protected intercourse , syphylis

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: