How to use the Obagi Nu-Derm System
The Obagi Nu-Derm System can transform you, giving you healthier, younger looking skin. The system is structured to maximise results with the products divided into four action areas:
- Prepare – Removes impurities and adjusts pH to prepare your skin for the optimal penetration of theraputic ingredients.
- Correct – Repairs damage to skin cells, correcting hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone and roughness, enhancing the penetration of ingredients.
- Stimulate – Repairs damage to deeper layers of your skin and restores elasticity by enhancing collagen and elastin production.
- Protect – Protects newer, healthier skin and prevents further damage from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Each action area has dedicated products. By following the easy, numbered steps described below, the system builds up to produce healthy, beautiful results.
No 1 – Gentle Cleanser or Foaming Gel
Wash your face with the recommended cleanser, rinse with lukewarm water and gently pat dry. Avoid rubbing your skin with a towel.
No 2 – Toner
Put the Toner on a cotton pad and apply to yout entire face. Do not rinse.
No 2 – Cffectives Eye Contour 5% Serum or High Potency 10% Serum
If recommended, use dropper to apply a few drops to the palm of your hand. Dip fingertips into serum and apply to crow’s feet area (Eye Contour 5% Serum), or face, neck and chest area (High potency 10% Serum).
No 3 – Clear Rx
Measure 1/2 – 1 gram and apply evenly on your entire face, extending to the hairline, over the ears and ending with a feathering motion. Wait 2 minutes and apply a second coat over dark spots. Note: If you have dark skin, use Clear on your entire face once a day, preferably in the morning, and apply at night only on the darkest areas. Once you achieve satisfying results, use Clear only as needed.
No 4 – Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte
measure 1/2 – 1 gram and apply evenly over your entire face, avoiding the eyelid area. Massage until the cream is completely absorbed.
No 5 – Blender Rx and Tretinoin
Measure 1/2 gram of Blender, followed by the prescribed amount of tretinoin. Combine and apply evenly on your entire face, extending to the hairline and ending with a feathering motion. Apply around eye area as directed. Note: Avoid the corners of the lips and creases around the nose.
No 6 – Sunfader SPF 15, Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35 and/or Physical UV Block SPF 32
Apply in the morning under your makeup. Reapply often while in the sun. Note: Always avoid prolonged direct sun exposure. Remember to practice sun protection daily.
At the beginning of your treatment your skin may be sensitive and have reactions, such as becoming red and dry. If this is the case, using the Control products, when necessary, will help you comfortably reach your skin goals. Eventually, your skin will become more tolerant.
The Control products should be applied before using the sun protection products.
- Eye Cream – Recommended for daily use to take care of the thin skin around your eyes.
- Action – Spot treat where your skin is uncomfortably dry.
- Tolereen – Apply this low-dose hydrocortisone lotion whenever needed in the areas where you’re experiencing itching, burning or redness.